Candle doubtless triggered home hearth in Oshawa on Monday night

An unattended candle is the alleged cause of a fire in a house in Oshawa on Monday evening, June 21, according to officials.

Oshawa firefighters were dispatched to a house on Douglas Langtree Drive in the Grandview Street and Conlin Road area around 9:30 p.m. to report a fire in a building, deputy deputy chief Ken Whetham said.

“On arrival they saw smoke and flames on the second floor,” Whetham said. “All residents were out of the house upon arrival (the firefighters) and everyone was safe.”

The fire in a bedroom on the second floor had spread to the attic when the fire department put it out.

Firefighters investigated the origin of the fire and “they believe the cause was an unattended candle,” Whetham said.

Comments are closed.