The provincial Ministry of Transportation is rehabilitating the Oshawa Creek bridges and renewing a section of Highway 401 in Oshawa.
ONLY THE FACTS
• The barriers in the north and south on the bridges will be replaced. This will require staging on both the Simcoe Street driveway to 401 west and 401 east to Bloor Street exit to remove an existing barrier. The Simcoe ramp is closed until August 23rd.
• The Department is renewing the 401 lanes west from 0.9 km west of Stevenson Road Interchange to 2.1 km west of Courtice Road.
• The project was handed over to Brennan Paving and Construction Ltd. in May 2021. awarded with a contract value of USD 5.78 million.
• This project should be completed by the end of November 2021.
• Detour signs are in place to guide travelers while the ramps are closed. Once the ramp reopens, ramps 401 and Simcoe Street will need to be closed overnight to complete the remaining work.