At Lviv Boulevard and Front Street in Oshawa, there will be road closures, lane restrictions and a closed trail for months of construction.
JUST THE FACTS
• Work began in mid-May to construct a new water main on Lviv Boulevard and a new feeder main on Front Street.
• Lviv Boulevard will be closed from Albert Street to Front Street.
• Front Street will be closed from Lviv Boulevard to Third Avenue.
• During both road closures, local access for residents and emergency vehicles will be maintained throughout the work.
• There will also be lane restrictions on Albert Street from Third Street to Bloor Street, which could cause traffic delays.
• Pedestrians and cyclists will also be impacted, the Michael Starr Trail will be closed south of Third Street to Lviv Boulevard. A detour will be installed to reroute them to use Third Street during the construction.
• Drivers are asked to be extra cautious for the safety of work crews and the detoured pedestrians and cyclists.
• Businesses in the area will be able to stay open throughout the construction.
• The construction is expected to last until October.