Two new buildings, between 30 and 35 storeys, with 1,410 apartments and ground-floor commercial space could be built near the Port of Oshawa.
Here’s the plan:
• The developer wants to build two new residential/commercial mixed-use buildings at 80 Harbor Rd., east of Simcoe Street South in Oshawa.
• The plan has two phases.
• Phase 1 is a mixed-use building, between 18 stores and 35 stores high, with 720 apartments and approximately 469 square meters (5,049 square feet) of commercial space on the ground floor.
• Phase 2 is a second mixed-use building, between 16 storeys and 30 storeys high, with 690 apartments and approximately 569 sq. m. (6,129 sq. ft.) of ground floor commercial space.
• The proposed buildings, known as Nahid Harbor Condos, could be the first high-rise condos built at the Port of Oshawa.
• Currently, the property is vacant.
• To make the plans a reality, the builder will need an Official Plan amendment and rezoning to allow increased residential density, building height, and height of a landscaped deck over a garage; and to allow reduced required parking, front yard and side yard depths.
Oshawa is seeking public comments on the plans for the buildings. A public meeting will be held.
When: Monday, Feb. 7 at 6:30 pm
Where: An electronic meeting will take place virtually and can be viewed at calendar.oshawa.ca/Meetings using an online device or phone.
How to weigh in:
• To speak at the meeting, contact the City Clerk’s Services at [email protected] by Tuesday, Feb. 1 at 4:30 pm
• To submit a written comment for consideration, contact Robert Bedic at r[email protected] or via mail at Oshawa City Hall, 50 Center St. S., Oshawa, Ont., L1H 3Z7 before the public meeting.
Comments are closed.